Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Sea Glass Nail Tutorial

Hello Beauties!
 
 For my next beauty endeavor, I decided to share how I created my "sea glass nails." These don't have actual glass on them, they are just designed to have a beautiful sea glass look.
 
 
For this look, you will need 3 nail polishes. A base coat, a color, and a top coat. For a base coat I used Pink Armor Nail Gel. This can be used as either a base or top coat and retails for $10.
 
For a nail color, I used Sinful Colors nail polish in Mint Apple, retailing at $1.99. I picked this color because green sea glass is my favorite. You can use any color you wish because beach glass comes on all different shades.
 
 
I recommend not using anything overly glittery or metallic though ,because it can take away from the sea glass effect. 
 
And finally, for that perfect sea glass finish, I used Revlon Matte Pearl Glaze in number 785. This is a matte nail polish, with a pink/purple iridescence that retails for $7. This gives the nails a perfect matte yet shimmering sea glass effect. This top coat is great for creating a matte nail look, but the iridescence give your nail a sleek shine which makes the nail appear longer.
 
 
To start off, file your nails to your liking, and do any necessary nail maintenance you need to prep for a manicure. I filed my nails in a round shape to give them more of the rounded sea glass effect.
Apply a base coat on your clean nails.
 (The Pink Armor Nail Gel is not actually pink, it is clear.)
 
 
 
Next apply one thin coat of the color of your choice to your nails.
 
 
 
If you want to capture the see-through effect the glass has, you can put only one coat of color. I wanted the color to be a bit stronger when I did mine, so I added a second coat. Do whichever you prefer!
 
 
And finally, add your Matte Pearl top coat. You can put an iridescent shimmer polish on your nails, and then apply a standard matte top coat if you don't want to invest in this specific polish. I applied two coats of it.
 
 
Voila! Your end result is beautiful sea glass inspired nails. Now all you need is a pina colada and an umbrella, and you can head to the beach!
 
Best Wishes,
Heather
 

No comments:

Post a Comment