Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Kylie Jenner White and Peach Triangle Nails

 
Hello Beauties! 
 
Sorry that this post hasn't gone up sooner, but I've been super busy with work lately! 
But to make it up to you guys, here is an awesome tutorial on how to create one of  Kylie Jenner's signature nail designs!
 I love this nail look, and nail shape! Because my nails aren't this long, I have to use fake nails to shape them into a similar shape as hers. If your nails are long though, feel free to skip the fake nail step! :)
So first things first, your going to want to  use nail polish remover to clean off your nails of any nail polish residue as well as remove any natural oils on the nails that could make your nails pop off easier. Next push back the cuticles with an orange stick and file your nails to your desired shape.
If your not using fake nails, you can skip to the polishing step from here. If you are using fake nails then you may want to use a nail buffer or file to buff the surface of your nails. This will give  the nail glue something to stick to, and make it last longer. I personally skipped this step because I didn't plan on having these nails for a long time and I didn't want to ruin my natural nails.  
 
 Supplies: Nail polish remover, nail file, nail buffer, orange stick,
 nail scissors, a natural and white nail polish, and a top coat.
 
For my fake nails, I used a square shaped nail tip kit from Kiss nails, and even though it was a tip, I used it for my whole nail.
 So the first thing I did was use my nail file to shape the cuticle area of the fake nail to match mine. The nails have a very square shape and my nail bed is round so I had to take the corners down a lot. Also the nail was too wide for my tiny nails.
Keep holding the nail up to your finger to make sure you didn't file off to much or too little.
Next I used the nail scissors to trim the nail down to the desired length. I originally cut and filed the nails pretty long, but later on I took the length down a good bit more. File the nails in a tapered shape to match kylies. I personally love this shape because it really helps to elongated the fingers and make the hands look elegant.
 
Kylie has naturally narrow nail beds which help to give her a very gradual tapering to her nail. I am not as fortunate sadly so mine is kind of teardrop shaped.
Okay! So next we use our nail glue and put a drop on the back of the nail and use the tip to spread it over the nail bed area of the fake nail. Then press it on your nail for about 10 seconds and it should stay. I used the nail glue that came in the fake nail kit.
Nails before they were filed shorter
 
Next we paint the nails a color that is similar to your natural nail color. Use one or two coats depending on the intensity of the color.  I used wet and wild 204B Private Viewing. This nail polish went on very smoothly and dried quickly.

 Once this color is dry, you are going to use a white nail polish and paint and x on the nail near the base. If you need to, you can use a small nail brush for this step. I used the brush from the nail polish bottle. I used wet and wild 453B French White Crème. This nail polish was smooth, but it took a long time to dry.

Next you fill in the nail with white except for the top part of the x. This creates the top triangle shape. Then go over the white section with a second coat of white polish.
And finally add a top coat to seal in the design and clean up the cuticle area with nail polish remover and a q-tip (Which I am very bad at, I'm sorry I attempted.)
 Add some hand cream and some cute rings, and you got yourself a beautiful Kylie Jenner looking manicure. Try this out if you like it, and tag me on Instagram @thebeautycorner704 with your recreation!
 
Best Wishes,
Heather

 

No comments:

Post a Comment