Tuesday, March 10, 2015

New NYX Products and Reviews!

 
Hello Beauties!
 
I got some of NYX's newest products a few weeks ago and have been dying to do a review on them, but I wanted to test them out for a while before I did a review. So finally here I am with my review on some of their newest products!
(All opinions are my own as always.)
 
NYX Highlight & Contour Pro Palette:

This palette comes with four highlight shades, and four contour shades.
It is in a plastic pallet that snaps closed. Also these colors don't have any names that I can find, so I swatches them in the same order that they appear on the palette.  
Top Row (Left to right):
Shimmery pink toned Champaign
Matte pink toned Champaign
Matte banana/ warm yellow
Shimmery yellow toned Champaign
Bottom row:
Warm toned brown matte with red undertone
Neutral brown tone that is mostly matte
Lighter cool toned brown matte
Deep chocolate brown matte
 
I have seen so many bad things on the internet about this palette and I have no clue why! I absolutely love this palette and think it does an excellent job of contouring the face.
The colors are highly pigmented, its best to tap some products off after dipping a brush into it. They don't get 'muddy' or 'powdery' as a lot of people have said, they come off highly pigmented and very bendable.
 I love the variety of this pallet too, mixing colors of different undertones and finishes give the consumers the ability to create numerous looks to complement a variety of makeup styles.
I love using the cool brown to contour my cheekbones, I put the banana color all over the upper cheekbone, and use a dab of the shimmer right on the high point to give it an extra sheen.
The middle two contour shades are the ones I use the most, but I have attempted the deepest shade, and with proper blending it is very workable. Your also able to mix the colors to get your own custom blend that is appropriate for your specific skin tone.
The palette isn't perfect so there are some cons. When picking up the color, there is a lot of fallout which can get on the other colors. I just blow on it and they all fly off, but if your using this on a client, I would suggest finding a different way, or using a different palette.
The pans of the powder all are able to pop out as if they can be customizable or refillable. NYX hasn't announced anything about this yet, so here's hoping that they will come out with even more shades and finishes.
 
NYX Conceal. Correct. Contour. Palette:

 (Top two on left are concealer, top two on right are contour shades, bottom shade on each side are color correctors.)
This palette has two concealer shades, two corrector shades, and two contour shades. My palette is in the color deep, although I ordered medium, I still can work with these colors.
These are pretty thick, and have a very slight stickiness to them, but they are also very bendable and creamy. The thickness of this makes using the contour shades in larger areas (such as forehead or cheekbones) a bit of work, but smaller areas (like the nose and bottom lip) are definitely possible.
I really love these concealer, the only problem is that they are a bit too dark for my face. I feel if I did have the medium pallet I would be using these a lot more.
I can't even explain how much I love the color corrector colors! The orange I use every day under my eyes, and sometimes I mix it with the yellow depending how much sleep I got that night. By blending these under the eye with a flat shaded brush and going over it with a light weight concealer, I get a very bright and corrected under eye all day long! The trick is using the think concealer over the thick one so it doesn't crease or cake up.
 
NYX Tame & Frame Tinted Brow Pomade:

I have this pomade in the color chocolate. I have to say, I am very impressed with this product. I don't own Anastasia dip brow, but with this product I don't need to. This is a surprisingly creamy product, but the staying power is insane! It literally lasts all day long, and also helps the brow hairs stay in place, but it doesn't make them stiff or hard like a brow gel can. I highly recommend this product. This and an angled brush are the only eyebrow tools I use not (besides occasional tweezers ;))
 
NYX V'amped Up! Lip Top Coat:

This is a really cool and innovative concept. I like how purchasing this one product can change all your lipsticks into new colors and shades. Basically this is a light black balm gloss stick. When you blend this into your lipstick, it will deepen the color resulting in a new shade of some of your favorites!
I had a lot of fun coming up with new combinations by mixing it with nudes, bright colors, and all different shades! Here is an example with a matte nude color I posted on my Instagram account the other day.
(Maybelline matte lipstick in nude delight as base color)
Follow me @thebeautycorner704
 
 
NYX Lipliner Pencil:

(In color 850 Nectar)
Okay, so this isn't a new product, but I got it for free in my shipment so I figured I'd review it anyway!
This is one of their standard lip pencils which is creamy, pigmented, and long lasting. The color is a shimmery peachy coral, probably not a color I would normally wear, but it's definitely pretty!
 
NYX has been coming out with a lot of new products lately, and you guys should definitely check them out!
 They are all cruelty free and do not test on animals. I will support any company that respects all lives in this world. I encourage you to read up on companies which participate in animal testing, and avoid those. Support companies that care <3 #savethebunnies 
 
Best Wishes,
Heather 


No comments:

Post a Comment